Tat Black Storage ?

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
How do you gentleman store your blacks?

For example:

Do you put the whole jar in the humi?

Do you remove the bundle and place it in the humi without the jar?

Did Pete recomend any certain method of aging the bad boys?

Any info will be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
All I would do is maybe throw a boveda pack in the jar or some beads. Then leave them in there in the foil. My jar is being stored in a humidor only because the retailer is holding them for me until I get back. The jar needs to be displayed if you ask me.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Mine are in a wooden box, I didn't get a jar with mine, but I find jars in general to be round pegs that do not fit well in my square hole humidor.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just left mine in the foil in the jar, hopefully I can wait until the new year to open them up, it is sitting on the mantle in my bedroom. I left the 69% boveda in it and I put a few drops of 75% distilled/25 % PG in the humidifier that came with it every once in awhile.

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tat blacks are best stored in MY humidor. My addy is in my profile.
Hey Ron!

Wade`s humi is already too full and you have my addy.

I think I just saw on another thread where Pete recommended 6 months aging on these.

I`ll second Wade on storage - they`re fine just as you got `em.

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
My motive for asking is that the jar is taking up the last bit of space in my humi and I would like to remove just the jar. But I am a firm beliver of what Wade said in his second post.

I guess a better question now is: Do you guys think it would make a difference if I removed them from the jar ? Of course I would still leave them wrapped in foil.

Does anyone think that the jar will add a special quaility when aging the smokes?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Does anyone think that the jar will add a special quaility when aging the smokes?

The only benefit in keeping them in the jar is the aroma and flavors tend to stay more concentrated as they are more airtight. If you have the space, I would open the jar in the humi until you get them to the desired rh and then seal it back up. If space is an issue then take them out but leave them in the foil.