What's new

temp.... again!

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
OK guys. I know the temp question has been asked several times. But my question is this. As my house is not air conditioned I have a wineador. But I will fill it soon I think.... If I freeze my sticks before hand, will sticks be OK at temps around 80° with proper humidity?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Who's the noob???

Some people freeze everything so they don't have to worry about beetles. In theory, freezing kills any larvae but there is debate if a standard home freezer gets cold enough to completely kill everything. With that said, I would never be comfortable leaving my cigars in 80 degree temp long term.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you must do that, I would recommend using a cooler as they will help keep the temps a bit more consistent than tupperware. Also, put them in the coolest place in your house... in a closet in the middle of the house, under the bed, etc. Do you have a basement? If so, put them down there.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I freeze everything that comes in. Theres a table on the internet that gives you the amount of time at a given temp to kill all the eggs. I freeze em for 5 days in a regular freezer than a half day in the fridge. If you have a deep freezer, you could probably cut it down to two days in the freezer.