What's new

Temp and humidity question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a winador everything was sitting perfect. Out of no where the temps got crazy. It was sitting before at 65/65 bottom and top 65/68 now it's sitting at bottom 66/68 and top at 66/73 and temp running at 65degrees. I have kl on the bottom and top. Don't understand why it got like this worried about my cigars getting ruined. Any suggestions please help me out.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
My suggestion would be to start by recalibrating your hygrometers. As long as nothing else has changed that would be the most likely issue (just getting a bad reading)

One other question for you. Did you recently buy some new cigars that you put in there? I have found I the past that when I get a box or even a couple of fivers from a retailer that keeps them too humid it will affect the readings on my hygrometers by a point or two for a few weeks because it is introducing extra humidity (through the new cigars) into my system. After a few weeks they will acclimate however and everything will be back to 65. I. Also use kitty litter and have been VERY happy with how it keeps thing regulated for me. I travel quite a bit for work and never have to worry about my coolers, even when I am gone for extended periods of time.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I have a winador everything was sitting perfect. Out of no where the temps got crazy. It was sitting before at 65/65 bottom and top 65/68 now it's sitting at bottom 66/68 and top at 66/73 and temp running at 65degrees. I have kl on the bottom and top. Don't understand why it got like this worried about my cigars getting ruined. Any suggestions please help me out.
First don't panic. You cigars will not ruin overnight at 73. Remember the you wineador does not actually set the temp. It lowers it relative from the outside temps. So you can have it at 65 and if it gets cool in the room your temps may drop. If it gets really warm in the room your unit might only get to 70 when set at 65. I have noticed that when the temp goes up so does the Rh. So in your situation. Id set the unit to 60 for a couple of days. That will lower your temps and bring the RH back in check in just a few hours. I had a situation once where it was raining outside and very humid here and the door got left open. My RH spiked and I got it back in check by lowering the unit to its lowest setting.

Regarding how to calibrate your hydrometer.... Google RH salt test. It's very easy.

PM me if you still have issues. I'd be happy to help.