What's new

Temp Question

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
OK, I got my drawers from Forest, great work and craftsmanship, before I got them, my newair 281E kept perfect temp and RH, I seasoned the drawers and when things leveled out I filled it up. I do mean "filled" it up. there isnt any room for even one more cigar. Things were great for about 1-2 weeks and now I cant seem to get the newair to get inside air any cooler than 70-72 and I have the fridge set at 62. I have 3 gauges in it and they are all reading the same, 70- 72 degrees and 58-60 RH. it has been extremely hot this past week and it is in my upstairs where it is very hot and the fridge is only 2 months old and only ran 1 month. any ideas?
my guess is to empty it, carry it down stairs where it may be a little cooler and try it there. I am open to any ideas.
BTW, I have 3 humi's in my basement and It is too damp, I just had to empty one of them and scrub it down, got a bit of mold on 2 of the shelfs. It stays cool enough but way to damp, even with the dehumidifier running it gwets too damp down there.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I run mine in the garage and when ambient temp hits 80, it has a hard time keeping up. It does say to keep them in a spot where ambient is around 70-75F I do believe. I have a 280 and 281 and this is normal for me too bro. Unless you move it to a cooler location in your house, it is what it is.

KK33

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
KK 33, thanks for the reply, I kinda felt the same way. I got home today to find my house is 85 degrees... Holy Moses. I just spent the last hour carrying the whole thing to the basement. I think that will help. It's 73 down there. Fingers crossed...