What's new

Temperature Questions

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have searched the forum and I have not found any specifics for my question so I figured I would just create a new thread.

I set up my wineador (NewAir 280E) about five days ago and my humidity is pretty solid at 65% RH in the middle its a little lower at about 63-64% RH closer to the bottom and a little higher closer to the top at about 66-67% RH. I am using a Cigar Oasis XL set at 66% RH and about 15 Boveda Packs distributed evenly. I only have a few boxes in there right now as I am waiting for a few boxes to come in.

I have set the temperature on the unit to 66F but my temperature reading off my top hygrometer reads 62F, my middle one 61F, and my bottom one 58-60F.

My questions: Is that range of temperatures (58F-62F) too low for storing my collection? Also, will the temperature stabilize once I put more boxes in the unit?

Just a little concerned, never thought that I would ever have issues with temperatures being too low!

Thanks in advance,
DJ

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
What's the room temperature? You might not need to run it if the room itself isn't that hot. I only plug mine in during the summer months, during certain times when it's not hot enough to run the air, but the inside temp isn't where I want my cigars at (generally in the 68-72 range). I wouldn't think 62 is too bad, but 58 might be getting a little low. I'm sure someone else can chime in with more info.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I initially set the wineador up I put the hygrometers inside to see what kind of temperatures I got and it was between 72F and 75F. I live in Florida, and even if the weather has been quite mild recently its just a tad bit too warm inside.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I run my wineador at around 60 degrees F with a 60 RH. I've found that I have to set the temp at 58 to get a 60. There is slight differences through-out but only by a few degrees like you mentioned.

For NCs I used to run the temp at around 65 degrees F with a 65 RH. I've actually found that I like my NCs at the lower temp and RH, so I've been converting everything to the lower ranges.

I would prefer your set-up actually.

I have a cabinet now also and that is at around 68 degrees but I'm not worried about it. I hope that helps.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for all of the feedback! That helps tremendously. I guess when it comes down to it preference is the dominating factor. I will do some smoking here in the coming weeks and see if I have any issues with the performance or flavors of the sticks. Then I will make adjustments if need be.