What's new

the cube

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.tabak-pietsch.de/product_info.php?cPath=27_28&products_id=371&language=en

what do u think - discovered this while browsing... a friend of mine will be in germany during christmas and could bring it to me... but judging the oictures and video what do you think about quality? i actually want to get a wineador, but just discovered this and wanted to hear some feedback... what happens actually when you have a humidor like this and it gets superhot in the summer? humidity goes down and you just add some distilled water and be done with it right?

cheers,
classic

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
It looks like a very nice medium sized desktop type humidor... the price seems reasonable as well..

assuming it seals well, humidity shouldnt be that hard to control.. just get some beads... or kitty litter... or something like that you could rely on bovedas alone..

you would need a digital hydrometer.. the analog one that is built into the unit is attractive.. but analog units traditionally arent very accurate..

and I am afraid this unit wouldnt solve your heat problem in the summer.. you are still going to need to find a way to keep the cigars below 70 degrees (f) if at all possible..

personally, I would probably look at a small wineador.. the humidor you linked appears to be roughly the same size as a 12 bottle wine cooler.. and its roughly the same price that you would pay for a decent wine cooler in the US (not sure what the cost is in Europe... with the wine cooler your temperature problem is solved.. all you need to do is pick up some cedar (use cigar boxes until you can buy trays and/or shelves).. and the same humidification system you would use in the linked humidor (beads, bovedas, etc..).. and youre finished...