What's new

The Remington Temperature Controlled Cabinet Humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was wondering if someone has any experience, whether good or bad, with the recently released Temperature Controlled Humidor by Prestige Import Group? With a 2000 cigar capacity, I doubt that the underlying wine fridge is thermoelectric (something that won't work for me in the summer months for my tiny 90F+ apartment), but I can't seem to find any scoop on this. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
A buddy has it and it works great. He uses heartfelt beads in it instead of water and the cooling unit works great. Definitely does NOT hold 2000 sticks though. just one opinion here, but if you can find it at a good price then it is worth it otherwise I'd go with an Avallo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Co Smokes. There were two reasons why I was shying away from the Avallo Cool 2000: 1) it's thermoelectric and the ambient temperature in my apartment during the summer months goes well above 90F which puts me above the +20F ambient temperature limit with thermoelectrics, and 2) I travel fairly often and I didn't see a way where you could set and forget the Avallo at 65F and be away for two weeks at a time. I'll browse through the Avallo forum to gain further insight, but if you have any thoughts on that, I'd greatly appreciate it.