What's new

Thinking Of Replacing My Accumonitor

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
It's just been to erratic. RH levels stay pretty well most of the time, but then the damn thing just runs till it hits 75% which is just unacceptable. I have it set at 65% and that's where it stays mostly, but the inconsistency of the high level spikes is just irritating. Anybody have a recommendation for a more consistent unit?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
over a year. I had to unplug it the last couple days, it's set at 65 and right now the RH is at 73. I'm just totally fed up with it. There should be no need to plug it in, and then unplug it, that's what the controls are supposed to do for me.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I know they use a RH sensor that you can place anywhere you want... could the sensor just be bad, and you could save the headache of a new system with just a new sensor??
I'm sure the cost for just the sensor can't be too bad.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I bet you could send it to Ron or Matt for a tune up? This is the first time I've ever heard a complaint on the Accumonitor. These Gents are stand up guys and I'd bet they will take care of you.

I have the old Set n Forget (CMT) from Bob and it has worked great for over 5 years and I would buy another. Bob has changed his Set n Forget but I'm sure the new one is as good probably better.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Accumonitors are guaranteed for 2 years. Matt and I usually dont even enforce the 2 year time limit. Even after 2 years, most issues are taken care of at little or no cost to customers. My cigar board friends get treated even better if they ever need warranty service.

When somebody has a problem, we expect there to be some communication between us and the customer who is having trouble. It might take 1 call or email, it might take a few, but we will fix anything that is broken.

If you look around on different cigar forums, you can see that the Accu is pretty popular for those making their own custom cabinets, and also for those who buy cheap, imported cabinets. In both of these cases, we do a get a higher % of calls regarding problems with the Accu, compared to Accus that are installed by Matt directly into Avallo Cabinets.

Most of these calls are about issues with uneven humidity, or readings not matching other hygrometers that are in their cabinet. Sometimes it takes more than 1 call to fix the problem. I can honestly say that in probably 8 times out of the 10 calls that I might get a year, I solve the problem right over the phone. In these cases, a new part would not have done anything. In the other cases, a new part or whole system is cheerfully mailed out to fix the problem.

Sometimes, problems are in the design of a humidor. Sometimes humidity will pool into 1 spot. Even with circulation fans, we have seen humidors that just had bad airflow, and a more complicated fix was needed. Sometimes a customer might need to just move his sensor to another location. Sometimes a canister might need to get moved. I would never try to take blame away from a malfunctioning Accumonitor, but we do like to go through a little bit of a process so that we are not replacing Accumonitors that are working fine. Its better for Matt, and its better for the customer. Remember that it can take days to see if moving a canister or sensor fixed the problem. Patience is needed sometimes to find the cause of trouble.

If customers have doubts about their Accu, and dont like emails and phone calls. they can always send it too me for a quick checkup/tuneup. I put it in my cabinet. check the readings. recalibrate it if need be. Test it for a few days. If broken, I fix it or send a complete new unit.

Last edited: