What's new

Thinking of starting a new project...

Bad Finger

Professional Cannabinist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL's,

I wanted to run an idea past you guys and see what you all thought. Please feel free to let me know of any known issues if you have heard of anyone doing this in the past.

I'm wanting to purchase a salvaged, but newer three door (side by side with a bottom drawer freezer), and convert it into the worlds most awesome kegerator/humi/spirit storage device.

I plan on reworking the thermostats in both sections to make the double door storage (fresh food storage) area 65% and about 60 degrees to store boxes of stogies, bottles of whiskey, scotch, and cognac, and a few places for special bottles of wine/champagne.

The bottom (freezer) section I plan on re-adjusting/replacing the themo to keep the temp at 33-35 degrees, and keeping short kegs in there, while running the lines up the side and into the door for the tap.

I plan on using good insulation for all the lines and to seperate the freezer area from the fresh food storage tub (internal) as to keep the fluctuations to a very minimum.

I also plan on purchasing a Humi-Care XG1000 Pro Humidifier or something of the like to take and keep my collection in a stable environment.

So, what problems do you guys see that I might have? Any sugguestions you can offer?

Thanks!

Clancy

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
It's a fridge your going to have problems with humidification because of the compressor to start. Getting past that though the unit would be bad a$$!

Bad Finger

Professional Cannabinist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a fridge your going to have problems with humidification because of the compressor to start. Getting past that though the unit would be bad a$$!
I was hoping to actually block off all the cooling vents within the main area, and using radiant cooling through the rear wall of the unit to cool that area.

I was also planning on using a peltier cooler on the compressor to help condense any of the humidity in the motor area, having it drip to a drain system much in the way a dehumidifier works.

I guess I forgot to state all that. :) Thanks for the advice!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Sounds great!

Here's the best help I can offer...

Do a search under such things as "fridge", "refrigerator humidor", and various combos of these two words.

...I know there are at least a few threads with lots of info on this exact same conversion.

Good luck! Be sure to update with before, during, and after pics :thumbsup: