What's new

Thoughts on this Plexiglass humidor brothers?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This humidor has six compartments for cigars, each can hold 25+ cigars. The front, sides and top are see-thru plexiglass and the back is a mirror. It has a keyed door in the back, a resevoir for water and a humidistate.
A neighbor is wanting to sell it to me and I was wondering your thoughts on it.

he is asking 75 bucks.

Thanks!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was thinking that also, is it air tight. Looks like it may leak humidity, and the breath-ability on the plastic compared to cedar. I say don't do it you can easily spend that kind of cash on a decent size humidor, or used wine fridge to convert....I'll say pass.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would get real old turning it around each time while trying to look through the side or the top (mirror on the door side) to get your cigar from shelves that are slanted down. Great for a store display where there is only 6 types of cigars - not so good for home use.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I agree Rod....pass. Not only will it not hold humidity, but you have to keep it away from all sorces of light since plexiglass will intensify the heat and bake your cigars.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'd have to agree with the majority here, don't buy this. MUCH better humidors can be found or even built for price. There are many sites around like http://www.cheaphumidors.com that you can buy from direct, deals can also be found on amazon, ebay or craigslist if your willing to look. Another route is to build a coolidor as some have suggested, http://www.coolidor.com/ is a great resource for this.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: