What's new

Tight Draw

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Lately I have been having a problem with all of my cigars out of one humidor having a fairly tight draw and i had a friend tell me that an improper humidity can be a cause of this. I have had a variety of different cigars from this humidor have the same problem, so could humidity be the culprit?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes, that could be your problem. The filler in an overhumidified cigar will swell because it has too much moisture in it. there are pruducts that can help you. Beads or Bovedas in 65% should take care of your problem.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Lately I have been having a problem with all of my cigars out of one humidor having a fairly tight draw and i had a friend tell me that an improper humidity can be a cause of this. I have had a variety of different cigars from this humidor have the same problem, so could humidity be the culprit?
Have you tried dry boxing them for a few days prior to smoking to see if that has any affect?

I have found that more draw and burn problems can be attributed to over humidification than construction.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the help. I currently use 70% beads, but i will switch to 65% to see if that helps. I will give dry boxing a try until i can get my hands on some new beads, though. Thanks again Ron and Mark!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for the help. I currently use 70% beads, but i will switch to 65% to see if that helps. I will give dry boxing a try until i can get my hands on some new beads, though. Thanks again Ron and Mark!
Replace the battery and calibrate your hygrometer first :thumbsup: