What's new

Timer for fans inside Wine-a-dor

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, hi there.. Long time lurker here, first time poster....

Here's my question, I have a 30 bottle wineador glass door fridge, no cooling at all btw. Just storage. I'm using a Humi-care xg1000 pro electronic humidifier. The fridge has built in fan's, that I've wired to wall dc adapter, and I got a radio shack digital timer.. I ultimately want the fans to power on for a few minutes several times a day to circulate the air...

Well the RS timer doesn't seem to like the load of the fans... whenever I manually power on the fans using the timers switch, or the programming turns the fans on the timer "crashes" and resets, loosing the time, programming, everything... If I plug in a lamp - the timer works fine. (a lamp instead of the fans btw)

Does anyone have any suggestions for randomly powering these fans? I'm thinking like 5 minutes every hour or something like that....??

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Mine go on for 7 minutes every hour. I have them running on a low voltage that makes them spin, but not too fast.
I'd try and get another timer. I got mine at Lowes for about $12 and haven't had a problem with it yet and I run two fans through it.
If you trip a new timer out.. you may have them wired funny.