What's new

too dry or too wet

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
attached you will find three pictures taken with my blackberry camera (sorry for the bad quality - but maybe it will be enough to get my questions answered)...

beetle_or_ageing.jpgdry_or_wet.jpgmolt.jpg

the first picture shows a little bump on the wrapper... when you touch its hard... could this be a beetle or is it just a ageing process?
on the second picture you see the wrapper is cracking... is my humidor too dry or too wet?
on the third picture you can see a light greenish point... could this be mold?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
From the look off those pictures its tough to say cause it isn't clear but that the crack in the wrapper looks like a pretty clear indication that it is over humidified as the tobacco swelled from being over wet.
The greenish point is most likely mold which is a bad sign and indicates over humidification.

As for the bump that could just be a hard spot of tobacco.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its definatly over humidified. Whats the humidity at on your hygrometer. The green spot looks ok it could just be the wrapper. Is there any fuzzy stuff on the green spot cause if so thats mold.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I second the green spot looks like it was a water spot on the wrapper, hard to tell with the pics but that would be my guess.

Edit: Um did you try wiping the green spot off, if it's mold it will brush right off, water spots on the wrapper won't.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The green looks like a water spot to me, but honestly it's impossible to tell with the pictures being so blurry. Does your camera have a micro setting?