What's new

Traceable Hygrometer

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
why not just run a live link through your laptop camera (video feed to your digital), and you would always be able to check in on your RH through your cell phone?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
There isn't a lot of detail on there. It says something about "monitoring conditions over short or long periods", but doesn't go into HOW that is done. It sounds cool, but in reading over the info carefully it doesn't sound like it's much more than a remote Hygro/Thermo set up. The one I have from Oregon Scientific will give you min/max information and I'm guessing that is all this really does as well...

I think you have to be careful on how you translate what we are seeing. I don't think "Traceable" has anything to do with tracking humidity changes, I think it has to do with measuring standards and being able to "trace" the fact that this piece of equipment meets those standards.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use hygrometers from Oregon Scientific that report to my weather station. The station can be connect to a computer via USB cable and they have software to create a web page with history (although I am not using this at the moment).

These are the Hygrometers: http://www.oregonscientificstore.com/oregon_scientific/mfgproduct.asp?mfgname=Oregon+Scientific&itmky=98263&mfgno=1

And they have a number of different base stations: http://www.oregonscientificstore.com/oregon_scientific/subcategory.asp?cat=2&subcat=382992

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks. I want to be able to download the data to see over time as you mentioned earlier. I don't think I'll use the feature a ton, but I know I'll use it here and there.