What's new

Travel case

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been eyeballing some hardwood travel cases. Has anyone noticed any "transfer" of flavor or drying out of the sticks when using wood? I am concidering making one using an exotic like ebony. Any input &/or instruction is greatly appreciated.
Sarge:riflefire

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
For traveling I like the otterboxes. The number of times I have dropped, banged, kicked, dumped or otherwise abused my travel humis on the road would leave me to believe a wood one would be long dead. The otterbox seals, stays sealed and survives just about anything. Function over fashion. 2 cents.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I agree with CWS. I have a 3 stick pouch that I use for the evening and fits in a coat pocket. For anything bigger than that, go with a oterbox style travel humi. They hold RH and protect your sticks with soft foam trays.

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Bros' This Otterbox, is it similar to Pelican Case. Going to Cigarmoney right frkin' now. Anywhere else I should look?
Sarge:thumbsup:

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
i had an atoll case for a while before i lost it (left it in a golf cart @ Queenstown and when i went back to pick it up it magically disappeared......) anyway it did a great job of keeping my sticks. I did store it in my humidor when i wasn't using it to keep the spanish cedar from drying out. Dont know if you are talking about making a Small travel case or a big one like an otterbox.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
cigarmony and cigarsolutions are both great companies and sonsors of this site, so one of them should do just fine. You will not find anyone who would complain of the service or product they recieved from either company.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
ooops. i meant to say cigar solutions! :stickbeat don't know much about cigarmony,,, but Ron has taken care of me many times!!

ha! got it right this time!!

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm going to pick up an Otterbox 5'er for sure but I think I will still make a wood one to carry 2. Maybe just to see how it will turn out. Looking some "plastic impregnated" Purple Heart or Curly Maple. Thanks for all the input Bros'. :rifleaim: This little dude reminds me of my SAW. aaahhhh.
Sarge:bangbang:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
You need a fiver for every day, a fifteen for theose special short trips, an 18 for the longer trips and a fifty for Vegas.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
You need a fiver for every day, a fifteen for theose special short trips, an 18 for the longer trips and a fifty for Vegas.
What he said!
And if you are going somewhere out-of-country or even to a big US city and are even remotely considering buying a cigar or two while you're there, make sure you bring another empty one along with you!!!

TYLER

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Roger That. I have only been thinking of what I may smoke while away. Haveing room to buy is a great plan.
Sarge :assaultri

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Roger that Rigil.. I'm workin' up to it. My wife REALLY hates cigars and smoking in general but I get away with more and more all the time. I just try to treat her better and better. :devil:
Sarge:riflefire