What's new

Travel Humidor's

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Recently got a Xikar Travel Humidor 10ct. Any recommendations for humidifier? Should I use just the foam one built in? I really don't believe it would be efficient. Any thoughts or recommendations would be awesome!

Many Thanks:cbig:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Never use the built in. No control in a sealed environment easily leads to soggy sticks. If it is going to be longer than a weekend use a boveda pak. Otherwise the cigars them selves will be fine. Remember the otter box seals.

Last edited:

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Boveda. Used the foam insert and ruined three sticks. If you're going to smoke them within the week, nothing.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for all the great replys. On the packs, what size pack do I get? How long do they last? Im going to central America in a few months for a week and I want to protect my sticks. Sorry for all the questions. I only use the humi's in my house. Never the travel ones soo thanks for all your help!:cbig:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Thanks for all the great replys. On the packs, what size pack do I get? How long do they last? Im going to central America in a few months for a week and I want to protect my sticks. Sorry for all the questions. I only use the humi's in my house. Never the travel ones soo thanks for all your help!:cbig:
The small ones that cost like a buck will work for months at a time in a xikar travel case, I have had them last over a year in one before.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Small one will be fine especially in central America. Lasts indefinitely if you recharge. I have some well over five years old.