What's new

Trays are in!!! Wineador complete... picture heavy

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I received a box from USPS!

I opened the box and found a whole mess of packing peanuts and bubbled wrapped trays.

Ed from waxingmoonhumidors.com went to town with bubble wrap and packing tape, lol!

2nd layer of bubble wrapped goodness....

I did have few problems with the trays fitting in my vinotemp but I think it was partly due to my measurements and ed's awesome woodworking skills. Everything was built exactly to my measurements without any slop or play. So after some sanding everything fit perfectly.

With the doors opened...

It took 2 days to seasons the trays and I finally got to put some stick in. Top drawer got some DPG, Perdomo, Tats...

Middle tray got some PDR, Nubs, CAO, Gran Habano...

Bottom tray is my AF collection....

Crumb catcher on the bottom for my 1lb of Shilala beads and also for my condensation catch tray

My condensation tray with clear ramp under the fan. Shhhh, I messed up my gf's H2O+ makeup bag to make the ramp

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. I'd be more than willing to help anyone planning to do the same thing to their vinotemp. Ed btw is a great person to work with and he turned around the trays in just over a week.

I think I got about 200-225 smokes in there and room for a little more. Now time for a smoke...

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks guys! I really had fun putting all these together. If anyone is interested I still have all the dimensions for the trays and the crumb catcher, adjusted a bit of course so you don't have to do any sanding like I did.

The vinotemp model is VT-12TEDS and I found it on craigslist for $60. I don't think I should post the price of the trays here but overall the price I paid for the entire project was a bargain, a no brainer. Appox 350-400 count humidor that is temperature and humidity controlled in Honolulu is PRICELESS!!!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Looks good!!
2 days to season the trays was pretty good... mine took over a week, with tons of distilled water trough out the humidor.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I actually wanted the chasidors first but didn't want to wait 4-5 months. Also, I understand they are very busy but I didn't get a single reply for over a week so I approached Ed for my trays.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
I actually wanted the chasidors first but didn't want to wait 4-5 months. Also, I understand they are very busy but I didn't get a single reply for over a week so I approached Ed for my trays.
Don't have to wait that long anymore. My Chasidors shipped today. I placed the order 33 days ago.