What's new

Tubed Cigar question

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Do you keep your tubed cigars in their tubes or unpack them and put them in your humidor "naked," as it were?

Btw, i purchased a short term locker at my B&M and was wondering if it's backed up my their humi, should I keep it in a cedar, paper, or shellacked box, or does it not matter?

Thanks!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
The consensus always seems to be either taking it out of the tube (what I do) or at the very least leaving the cap off of it. Not sure about the b&m storage though.

Cheers

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I personally take mine out of the tubes, but save to tubes just in case I need one later one.

The "rented" humidor locker at your B&M "should" be properly humidifed and in so much you should not have to worry about storage issues....just put them in and forget about them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
it depends... if you want to preserve their freshness keep them in the tubes. If you want to "age" them... take em out

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this thread. I have been picking up a few glass tubed ones at a distressed freight sales place here, and wasn't sure what was best to do with them. Ones I have had so far have just been so-so. Maybe some more aging is what they need.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
My Tat tubes (2 red and one black) are sitting outside my Viaje box, which is storing my Tat sampler at my B&M locker. 68/68 tem/hum

Thanks for all the feedback

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of keeping the cedar wrap in the tube with a 3 yr. old Siglo VI, and the cedar flavor was over powering! I'll always take it out in the future, or leave the cap off!