What's new

Tubed cigars and humidors

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a cigar comes in a tube, should it be stored in the humidor "as is" or should the tube be removed? And if you leave the tube on, does it really matter whether you keep it in a humidor or not? (I guess I'm asking about how hermetically sealed the tubes are.)

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Even tubes need to be stored in your humidor. Whether or not you leave them in the tube or not or even in the tube with the lid off is a matter of personal preference.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What about a sealed cedar box of tubos? Leave them in the box? Or do you open the box, take the caps off, then close the box? Ok, just being silly at this point...

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I leave them in the tubes, untill i'm out of space in the humi then I'll take em out. Comes to personal preference. I know some people say they age better in the tube.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Only had a few, I believe they were corked rather than a screw cap. I just recently took them out to save space like Postal said.

I also have a couple of those wax sealed Markers Mark sicks, I have them in the wineador just because.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
AmericanSoldier1989 I leave mine in the tube with the cap off. It mentally makes me think it will taste better.. and yes, i'm serious.

+1

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unless there is a known issue with a certain line of cigars that say they are better if left out of the tube, I just toss the tube in the humidor and leave it alone. It really is personal preference, just like cellophane.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I Prefer to keep them sealed in the tubes and in a humi. Have had some fantastic luck with old boxes of upmann corona minors in tubes that had been sealed for over 10 years. For a cheapish cigar they were amazing

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I always take mine out I've had issues with buying them leaving them in the tubes and when I opened them they were all nice and fuzzy for me! Makes me even turn my head at buying them anymore.