What's new

Tupperdor Advice

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to be making my first Tupperdor and need a little direction.

I found this kind of container (mine is a 7.5" square 3L) today at my local walmart for $8:

The plan right now is to stack my sticks on top of each other between felt sheets and pop in a water pillow. I've read around the forum that I should add in some spanish cedar sheets with a digi hygrometer. Is it safe to just put my sticks in there with a water pillow for now? I don't have to season this, do I?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Theres no wood so nothing to season, put them in and add your pillow you'll be fine.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
water pillows are nice for temporary storage. they provide humidity, but are not too precise, so a good hygrometer would help.for longer term, no worries humidification, a Boveda would be better. I dont think that you need felt. a thin spanish cedar sheet on bottom would be a good addition

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
No, you don't have to season it. You can just stick the cigars in there with your humidification device. I would also skip the cedar, but that's just me. The felt isn't necessary, you won't hurt the cigars if you just stack them.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
water pillows are nice for temporary storage. they provide humidity, but are not too precise, so a good hygrometer would help.for longer term, no worries humidification, a Boveda would be better. I dont think that you need felt. a thin spanish cedar sheet on bottom would be a good addition
This. Was wondering about the felt myself. Not only do I think it isn't necessary, I would worry if the fabric might not introduce something into the environment I wouldn't want...also, might soak up moisture (not sure, just thinking out loud here) which would be bad. With that set up, bet a boveda and a hygrometer from Cigar Solutions (I'll plug his stuff, since he didn't, :stretchgr) and you'll be set.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
No need for the felt, just be gentle. Ceder is unnecessary, but won't hurt. I'm with Ron, if you want cedar use a thin cedar sheet(s). They'll be perfectly fine without it though. I'd suggest the Heartfelt humidity tube for humidification. If you use the beads or a Boveda you won't need a hygrometer at first either. It's always good to get one, but you'll be ok for a while without. Definitely a digital hygro, not analog.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sounds like you will be set, then, brother!! Fill 'er up! LOL

I have a container like this as one of my overflow containers. I really like it. Be careful not to squish the top layer of cigars... sometimes, I don't realize how far down I have to stop adding them. Just a heads up, from someone with the same kind of setup.