What's new

Tupperdor in progress!

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am working on making a 16 quart Tupperdor. I doubt it will work because I had to jerryrig a way to seal it off. I could not just use that foam stuff with the sticky side because of the way the lid sits on there. I would get a different tub but this one fits in my closet perfectly. If this doesn't work I will look for a different one. Here is what I have done so far.

~Edges wrapped with wax paper to keep the "great stuff" (foam) from sticking to it. Then hopefully it will stick to the lid once it drys.

:chat:

Attachments

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had to look again to make sure this wasn't an old April 1st post. It looks like a plastic storage bin instead of tupperware. Instead of spending $5 on spray foam, you would have been better off spending $25 on a cooler that size (that fits your closet).

Good luck

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I had to look again to make sure this wasn't an old April 1st post. It looks like a plastic storage bin instead of tupperware. Instead of spending $5 on spray foam, you would have been better off spending $25 on a cooler that size (that fits your closet).

Good luck
i gotta agree. also, the Lock n Lock containers are awesome.

I love my 3 cigar cabinets, but when it comes to desktops and passive humidification, i remember those pain in the ass days.

if you have a cheapo desktop, and it leaks, i dont care what you use for humidification, its a nuisance.

these Lock n Locks and igloos are a beginners dream.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It did not dry Probably because it was sealed air tight. I'm going to get a cooler.

Yea storage bin. All the stuff was just laying around in my house. Didn't cost me a dime. I am guessing the smell will go away if I air it out. But I am thinking about just getting a cooler I have to go to target anyways for an alarm clock radio.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
just getting a cooler I have to go to target anyways for an alarm clock radio.

:chat:[/quote]

Good decision....

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I would defiantly go with a cooler. It is a great reliable place to store your cigars. They come in may sizes and seal tight.

Get one that fits in your closet and get some beads and you will be good to go.
If you have empty cigar boxes put them in there also and it will help hold the humidity. If you dont have any ask around and I am sure a brother can hook you up.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here it is just got back from target. Fits nicely just have to find a place to put the stuff that was in there. Just have to order some beads get a couple more empty boxes (I have the two on the top self I can put in there). But I think I can get a few more at my local shop.

Attachments

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rubber Maid makes some great storage for cigars,,,burp em once a day and you're good to go. I have 2 big ones that I keep for my overflow of singles and 5 paks,,put a 1/4 pound of beads in them,,they stay at 65% all the time and have been doing this for a couple of years. Cheaper than buying humidors like I was doing. Coolerador is another great investment where I keep my boxes.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Here it is just got back from target. Fits nicely just have to find a place to put the stuff that was in there. Just have to order some beads get a couple more empty boxes (I have the two on the top self I can put in there). But I think I can get a few more at my local shop.

how bout a pic of whats inside?

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That second pic of all those boxes that is what is going inside. So it is empty right now. But I am planning on trading with a few BOTL. My album has what is in my humidor right now.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Looks like you found a cooler that fits, that's great! Personally, I use larger tupperware bins for nearly my entire collection. $8 at Walmart and they've been perfect thus far with Heartfelt Beads!

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Got my beads today in the mail 2 ounces I believe of 70%. Now I just have to get rid of the smell. I am going to wash it out again and try to get it aired out good. I have baking soda in it right now to hopefully absorb the odors.

~Brett:chat: