What's new

Tupperdor problem???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie error, where I thought the plastic smell was gone from a small tupperdor, I was storing cigars in. I just recently smoked a couple of the cigars out of the tupperdor and picked up on very similar plastic smell and taste between the two different cigars. I do smell a hint of plastic in the tupperdor also and fear all of my cigars will have the same issue.

Can I save my cigars or are they ruined??

I threw some tops of old cigar boxes in the tupperdor to help the smell, but need some advice from the brothers.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
They will all taste like crap, I've made the mistake before. It was recommend to me to put them all in a box, Saran Wrap the box and put them Away for a few months. That's why I don't like tuppadores, others might say otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Leave them outside in the sun for a day or so after washing and it'll pull that smell out a lot better. I did it will all three of my coolers and it helped a lot!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
New tupperware can have a "smell of plastic" to them and one of the best ways to get rid of it would be to wash them in a mild detergent and then air dry outside for 24 hours. One of the reasons I advocate putting cedar sheets into tupperware is two-fold....it helps regulate humidity and it eradicates any plastic smell of tupperware. Line the entire bottom and sides with Tupperware and that should take care of any issue.