What's new

Tupperdor

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a couple of boxes coming in the mail (two of them) but only have desktop humidors...for now. I was just going to go with a tupperdor. Just a couple of questions:
1. If it is only boxes (no shelves or anything) I shouldn't have to season it. correct? Or should I have some kind of cedar in there?
2. I was going to use HF beads for humidity control. From what I have read I just wet about 75% of the beads and leave the rest dry. Do these get stored separately or do they go in the same container?
3. Any thing else I need to know?

Thanks
-Dan-

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
It sounds like you're sliding nicely down the slippery slope Dan. Congratulations!

1. As long as it's just the boxes that you're putting in there you won't need to worry about seasoning. If you add pieces of cedar or trays for singles you will want to make sure you season those first though. The seasoning process is intended to get any cedar parts up to the correct humidity. Since there are no cedar parts going in there you're good.

2. As far as the beads they should all go together in one container. Personally I prefer kitty litter (due to cost) and/ or Bovedas but beads will work great too :D

3. If it's a fairly large size container and your two boxes look rather lonely in there you may want to consider adding some empty boxes in there to take up the extra space. In this case you would want to season the empty boxes first so that they do not pull the humidity out. This is not totally necessary but wil help to stabilize the humidity if you have a lot of empty space.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks, now the only problem is that UPS is supposed to deliver them on Tuesday buuut I'm supposed to heading out of town that day so here's hoping they come early, can't have my boxes sitting out in the Arizona sun for a week.