What's new

uneven humidification ?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I have my cigars right now in some tupperware with some heartfelt beads. I probably have about 40 sticks in the box and its about 75% full. Today I went to grab some sticks for a new years smoke and when checking the moistness of most of the sticks I noticed some had soft spots and hard spots on the same stick. Then some seemed alot harder than they should be. For the last two months they have been sitting there in the same temp and about the same humidity. My digital hygrometer has been reading about 70% forever. Wouldn't these stick have pulled enough moisture by now?

Could a humi being too full make it hard for stick to pull moisture?

By the way Happy New year.:bottle:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
happy new year!

smoke one! if it's reading correctly, there should be no problem!! i don't necessarily worry how a cigar feels,,, more how it smokes! IMHO of course....

jeff

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If the beads are not dry (white), then there is plenty of moisture available. In my opinion, you can't have too many sticks in a humidor - more cigars tend to stablize each other. I'd guess you are simply noticing hard spots in the cigars. As Jeff said, see if they smoke well and, if so, then they are fine. If not, you may want to lower the humidity a wee bit.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You may want to try and get an Oust fan in there to get a little air movement; to even things out a little.
Please note: Do NOT actually install the perfume bottle in the Oust fan! Unless you want to turn your cigars into Drew Estates Specials... <G>

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Please note: Do NOT actually install the perfume bottle in the Oust fan! Unless you want to turn your cigars into Drew Estates Specials... <G>
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.
If I do go that route I need to get a larger tupperware container, because there might not be any room.