What's new

Using a fan in your coolerdor?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hmmm...I've also seen the computer fan thing done, but I know absolutely nothing about electronics. There has to be an easy way to connect a computer's cooling fan to a AA battery.

Rockcigar

motorcycleXcigarXguitar
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, i am still a newbie, i hope this is not too stupid to ask these questions:

Does it really need a fan to circulate the air??? I am just thinking afterall the interior of cooler is still a small space, does it really need a fan to keep the humidity ???

Does the humidity has a big difference in different corners inside?

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I recently gave these RV Refrigerator fans a try and they are working great, they get good air flow without blowing your beads dry and have been running for a good three and a half weeks without a battery change. You can switch it off if you don't want it running. Until Ron comes up with a better model this is what I am using. Here is the link:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/rv-refrigerator-fan.htm

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I recently gave these RV Refrigerator fans a try and they are working great, they get good air flow without blowing your beads dry and have been running for a good three and a half weeks without a battery change. You can switch it off if you don't want it running. Until Ron comes up with a better model this is what I am using. Here is the link:

This look good! ...though an Oust is cheaper. :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
43   0   0

I considered one of those, but I like the fact that the Oust automatically cycles off and on. How much air do those RV fridge fans move?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
grab the oust fan and you can probably find a 6pak on ebay if someone wants to grab a couple. scjohnson and wax stopped making these a couple of years ago so it would be better to grab a few that way you'll have them.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
it would be very easy to rig up a computer fan to a battery..
Yes it is. Here is a how to:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Materials:

Computer fan
Switch
9v battery
9v battery clip
Dremel
Drill

How to:

-Ye should have 3 wires (red/positive, black/negative, blue/ground; if they are a dif. color, ye'll pretty much have to figure what's what)
-Strip the wires
-Wire the negative wire to the battery clip's wire
-Use the dremel to cut a spot for the switch in the fan. If ye get one that fits in the screw holes, ye'll save yerself a tad of work
-Put the switch between both positive wires
-Give yerself a pat in the back

---------------------------------------------------------------

There ye go. Just turn on/off as ye see fit and change battery when needed (even better, get a rechargable battery to reduce on the huge waste ye'll be doing).