What's new

Vinotemp 28TED

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hey guys,

Did a bunch of research on wineadors and decided to go with a Vinotemp 28TED. The was one thread on here where a fellow botl had the same one it looks like I just purchased. I seen 2 different models as far a looks with the Vino28. One has only 6 slots for shelves/racks, and another has about 12 slots. The model with the 12 slots have these little brackets/hooks in the front of each slot for a rack/shelf, I seen from one of the threads on here, where our brother actually had to break the brackets off carefully, because it was hard he said to get the metal shelves in and out. I just confirmed with Vinotemp that is the model they just shipped to me with the 12 slots opposed to the 6. I was trying to find the thread where our brother had to snap off these brackets as a guide for me for when mine arrives next week. I ordered a drawer set from Forrest and put a rush on it so hopefully I don't have to wait more than a week or two for the drawers, as I am getting married soon, and would like this to be set up before I go on my honeymoon. Now it looks like my only problem is going to be these little brackets/hinges at the front of each slot in the Vino28. Can someone please post a link to the specific thread if they recall what I am looking for, or advise me on how to carefully extract these things from the slots so that my drawers slide in effortlessly. I don't know if anyone else has the same model,or know what I am talking about and could help give me some advice. But any help is appreciated. I just went through a bunch of threads trying to find the thread/pictures again of him snapping off the brackets/hooks/hinges (whatever they are), and could not find it :dunno:

Rating - 100%
33   0   0

Pic might be crap becuase of the tapatalk app not uploading correctly, but this stock pic if you zoom in, can actually see these little hooks at the front of the slots. Anybody have any good advice on what or how to go about these with the Forrest drawers ?

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Sorry we couldn't be of more help - I will say however, I wouldn't hold my breath for that kind of turnaround time on drawers. The work he does is absolutely top notch though.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sorry we couldn't be of more help - I will say however, I wouldn't hold my breath for that kind of turnaround time on drawers. The work he does is absolutely top notch though.
Its all good brother. I emailed him before I purchased and asked about the rush option and when would they ship if I chose the rush. He said if I do rush they would ship next tuesday. After all I read I'm not sure if I should still belive that. But I havent read yet where someone paid extra for the "rush" service and not got them. I'm actually still curious if anyone chose the rush for the extra money and still didnt receive them ...

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
As far as the hooks, you do have to just break them off. I pushed a small screwdriver in from the front as a wedge then folded back and forth a couple times and they snapped right off.
The drawers on the other hand... if you see those next week I'll shit my pants. I paid the "RUSH" fee. I'd have to look up actual timelines, but I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't a week! Just get that thing cleaned, de-scented, and loaded up before your honeymoon. Worry about seasoning drawers after you return. (You don't want to rush that process anyway)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
So looks like all of my stressing over these tabs/brackets was for nothing. Got the cooler the other day and it came without the tabs !

I did a wipedown with distilled vinegar and distilled water, and now have some baking soda in there with a few fish filters until I go buy a newspaper to fill it with while I wait for my drawers from Forrest.

And Forrest kept his word when he said they will ship in a week with the rush option before I ordered. I ordered them on a tuesday, and he shipped and provided me with tracking info the following tuesday. Couldn't be more happy with the way this worked out. They are in transit now and I will update the final product when the drawers arrive. Someone might need a new pair of pants ^. Anyone who hates to wait, I strongly suggest paying the extra rush option. Forrest kept his word with me and its more than appreciated !

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Forrest delivers. Kept his word on the rush option and they shipped in a week, and took a week in shipping to get here. Seasoning them now. Cant wait to fill her up