What's new

vinotemp help

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
well ive already outgrown my 150ct humidor after only starting smoking less than a year ago. I just ordered a 21 bottle dual zone vinotemp but have a few questions. First i only have 3 boxes and about 50 singles and am worried that with all the empty space i will not get a stable RH and after buying the vino im pretty much tapped out so i dont see myself buying too many sticks soon. Will it be ok the way it is or should i try to get some empty boxes from the local b+m to try to fill up some space. Also how many pounds of beads will this need? i was thinking 2/3 of a pound in the bottom section and 1/3 pound in the top. will that be enough? thanks in advance for any help you guys can give

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Yup, grab some empties and fill the space...

More beads will never hurt... but in that unit, 1/3 in top, and 2/3 in bottom will be fine.

Enjoy.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
First congrats on the pick up of a wineadore. When I first got mine, a 28 bottle, I too was working with the same size stash. I used empty boxes from my local b&m to take up the empty space. It also helps to keep the humidity level. As you acquire more sticks you can just fill up the boxes. Quite a few of the boxes in my wineadore are just empties I picked up & refilled with my favorite sticks. Get a few different size boxes if you can to hold different size smokes down the line.
As for beads I use 2 pounds myself. The extra beads help the rh bounce back after the door is opened & shut.