What's new

Vinotemp VT-34

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So here's the deal. I can get a hold of one of these units free. I believe this is a compressor unit that is non working. It will be going in my basement in Minnesota, never gets above 70 down there. Is there any reason to be wary of not having some sort of cooling system? My thought is to leave it as a sealed box, not plugged in it basically becomes a fancy coolidor right?

Does anyone have experience with this setup? I'm thinking heartfelt beads for humidification. I've read through a bunch of the threads here and it's a lot to take in. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
no problemo brother! I had my first wine cooler the someway. Im pretty sure there are a few brothers running at least one setup like this, if you never need the cooling aspect, there isnt a reason why you cant use a compressor unit/ broken unit/ any combination of the two.

Heartfelt beads are standard and work great, they provide a calculator on there site to figure out how many pds you need for your needs.

PM if you need any assistance; im sure the support will come flooding in tho. :)

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
That's how I use mine. It works fine but I choose to use it with 2 1/2 lbs of heartfelt beads. It really is the simplest set up you can get. Good luck to ya.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Basically you're buying a container that seals. It's a fancy-looking tupperdore, that's all, but it'll work for your purposes just fine! I have a 28ct vinotemp, and since I live in a moderate climate, I never bother plugging it in.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I have a wineador and it's in my basement office, I never have to run it & it's rock solid. As already stated, I think lot of guys run this same set up & only use cooling as needed.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I can't wait to get this thing going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk