What's new

Wacky Humidity Problems in New Mini-Cabinet

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
All-knowing Ron...and everyone else...

I got this new "Chairside Humidor" called The Club (picture below). It has three levels: bottom/floor, vented shelf, vented shelf. I have two Cigar Oasis XL Plus' on the bottom level, and then two small fans under each shelf facing up, to get some circulation up there.

I seasoned the thing for 3 days, didn't do it longer because it jumped up to 73% the first night and only went up to 74% after the three days, so I figured, hell, seems ready. So I start shoveling my cigars in there, 20 sticks at a time - 20 in the morning, 20 and night. once I hit the 300 cigars mark, humidity drops down to about 65% , so after I get all my cigars in, about 450-500, the humidity is at 60%. Panic sets. Slowly, and I mean SLOWLY, the humidity has made it's way back to up the 66-68% range. 66% on top shelf, 67% middle shelf, 68% bottom floor. Tempurature stays in the mid-70s...Arizona...:disappoin

I've talked to a few people that have said to move the Cigar Oasis' around, try putting one on the middle shelf, move them to the front, move them to the rear, etc. Right now I have one up front, where they can push air up easier, and one in the rear, so it can push air up the back. It's hard to put one on the second shelf, because the removable trays take up the entire shelf. Now I'm sure if I move stuff around I might be able to work it out, but I'm just curious if there is a better solution.

I'm not sure if I should just wait it out, and let the humidor adjust to all the cigars, kind of get it's bearings. Or maybe I should remove all the sticks and re-season it. Or get another Cigar Oasis. Or reposition the Cigar Oasis/fans.

Much thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sorry, what I didn't mention is that I have the Cigar Oasis set at 76.1 and I can only get it up to 71 (now that a couple day have past since the original post), so you think it's just a matter of waiting for he humidor to get it's bearings?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
why would you have the CO set so high. you should set it at your desired humidity level, and forget about it.