What's new

Western Caliber III Hygrometer

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anyone ever see one of these not record Rh at all? I just bought one and it's recording temp only...no Rh reading at all.

I've had one before and it always seemed to work fine. Anyone ever heard of this?

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Sorry to hear you're having a problem. I am on my second one in two weeks. While checking the first one in a Boveda test kit, the temp kept jumping around. I checked the min and max readings in the morning and it showed a low of 14 degrees F and a max of 103. I don’t have that big of a temperature swing in my house so I exchanged it for another. I’m testing the new one now. I didn't see the temp jumping around but I did get a max temp reading of 90 when I checked it early on, so I reset the min/max using the buttons to make sure this wasn’t just an anomaly when first turned on. I called Western Humidor and they said to take the battery out for a minute and then put it back. This will reset the unit. If you can, test the battery to make sure it’s OK or put a new one in just to rule it out. If you still have the problem, return it. I have another one that I purchased over a year ago and have had no problems with that one. They are supposed to be good hygrometers for the price range. Sometimes you just get a bad one (or two). Hope this helps.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
They are a good unit though. The two I have tested with calibration packs were right on the money. IMHO, they are an excellent value.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the only hygrometer that I reccomend is the calibratable type that is sold by sponsors of this site. the recalibration feature really sets it apart from any other brand.