What's new

Wha to do with travel n regular humi?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have kinda a multi question. First I am fairly new to cigars. I seem to have a pretty wide range of likes. I just got a new humi. Over the last month it started about 70/70 and seems to have settled at about 66/65 for the last few weeks. Is this good or should I adjust? I have more infused (acid) sticks than anything so I put these in the regular humi and my regular sticks in the travel humi. I have a gel tube in there but should I also put in a hygrometer in there as well? This is temp till I can get another humi. Any response is greatly appreciated!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
66/65 is a very good place to be, for my palate.

i would recommend switching that. you can replace the foam easier than you can a whole humi, and, if you ever veer away from infused and aromatic-laden cigars like acid, you are always going to have that in the wood, it is NOT coming out.

still, you got your humi in the sweet spot, and that is large! as for the travel, a gel tube, or even boveda pack, should work fine, as long as it is a waterproof style otter box set up. no worries from what i see.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
66/65 is a very good place to be, for my palate.

i would recommend switching that. you can replace the foam easier than you can a whole humi, and, if you ever veer away from infused and aromatic-laden cigars like acid, you are always going to have that in the wood, it is NOT coming out.

still, you got your humi in the sweet spot, and that is large! as for the travel, a gel tube, or even boveda pack, should work fine, as long as it is a waterproof style otter box set up. no worries from what i see.
Pretty much right on the head there. I started off with Acid and I eventually started loving tradional more and more. In the future you can always pick up another humidor for your traditional sticks. All sounds good to me. I keep mine at a solid 65% RH. Good luck, TJ. ;)