What's new

what should I do about cold temps inside

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a few questions if anyone is willing to chip in , through the summer I have been keeping my new air 28 at 68temp and 68rh by simply adding 1.5 lbs heartfelt beads and thats it , I do not put any xtra fans or drain tubes or timers or anything of the sort (I live in arkansas where humidity and heat are an issue ) and as long as I keep ac at 72-78 my wineador is perfect as I stated but now that the temps outside are at 33 and the room my stuff is in is a cinder block building that stays very cold when the heat isnt running in evening (gas company hasnt turned my gas on yet so I have no heat at all )
now my rh is still good although it raised to 71rh last night I can control that but the temp inside unit went to 55 and im not sure what I should do for a few days , should I plug drain up in back of unit and try and keep rh at my normal and is the temp dropping to 55 a huge problem , does it help to unplug unit in winter ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Don't sweat it unless it starts sweating. If temp differences become enough to cause condensation inside, you've got a problem. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

On the other hand, we could start an 'interesting' conversation about the relationship between temperature, relative humidity, ambient humidity and 'science'.

Just kidding....don't worry about it.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Is there an optimum temp to have the cigars stored at? my winador is hovering around the 61-63 mark since i did not get an ETC. is that a bit cold for long term storage? sadly i cannot control the head at my place, so even in the winter the radiator kickes out temps of upper 70s constantly.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I keep my Avanti in my basement year-round, unplugged. It never gets above 68-69 in the summer, and in the winter it gets down between 59-60. My RH is consistently between 65-68 and my cigars smoke fine. As long as your humidity stays within a range you're comfortable with, I wouldn't worry about the temperatures you describe. If the RH in your house drops in the winter like mine does, you might have to add water to your humidification elements more often.