What's new

Where to get distilled water?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Alright, this might go down as one of the stupidest questions of all time, but I cannot seem to find distilled water at my supermarket (which is normal size, large chain, etc.) Any hints on where I would "normally' find distilled water?

Obviously, I am looking for them to use with my beads. I also have Xikar humidification solution (which I "think" is just PG solution). Can I use this instead of distilled water with Heartfelt Industries beads?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I do not think you can use the PG solution on your beads. Distilled water comes in 1 gallon jugs and is on the water aisle in my grocery store. It's hard to find because they don't run as many "Facings" for distilled water, like they do with drinking water. Maybe just call around to all the grocery stores.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Either It Is In The Water/soda Area Or Some Stores Have Startd Putting Distilled Water In The Area With Cleaning Supplies, I Don't Know Why But I Had The Same Problem.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i make my own.

Double boiler system with a weighted plastic "membrane" over theo top pot...the water condenses on the membrane and then drips into a collection bowl.

It's really quite simple!

oh, ok. i buy mine at the store just like the rest of yous. But dave is right, they have less "facings" of the distilled water.

Nice grocery store lingo there dave! He's been moonlighting at the stock boy at his local supermarket!!!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
it's like 68 cents at my grocery store for a gallon. Distilled water is distilled water. If you're a snob, buy Evian or whatever.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
it's like 68 cents at my grocery store for a gallon. Distilled water is distilled water. If you're a snob, buy Evian or whatever.
:nono::nono::nono:

Acctually Evian, Arrowhead, Dasani, and Fiji are not distilled water. Those are natural spring waters and contail all sorts of minerals and solids that will clog your beads, creedos, gels and such. Distilled water is H2O with none of the dirty stuff.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I didn't ask about the price and I'm capable of reading just fine. And thanks for the "if you're a snob" comment as well.

Where is the rolleyes smiley when you need one?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Either It Is In The Water/soda Area Or Some Stores Have Startd Putting Distilled Water In The Area With Cleaning Supplies, I Don't Know Why But I Had The Same Problem.
I'd guess because people with hard water (like here) need it for irons. Steam irons would clog up if you used hard water.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Every WalMart should have it, Target and probably most supermarkets. Most people use it for making up powdered baby formula. I think if you read the "baby water" I pretty sure that stuff is distilled water? Good luck you should be able to find it though it has many applications in the real world instead of just for us cigar snobs, LOL!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
:nono::nono::nono:

Acctually Evian, Arrowhead, Dasani, and Fiji are not distilled water. Those are natural spring waters and contail all sorts of minerals and solids that will clog your beads, creedos, gels and such. Distilled water is H2O with none of the dirty stuff.
Arrowhead makes a distilled water as well.

I get mine at de still. Get it. :stretchgr

Whoa this may have been way too much cigar for lunch. I am on an Opus x jag.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Arrowhead makes a distilled water as well.

I get mine at de still. Get it. :stretchgr

Whoa this may have been way too much cigar for lunch. I am on an Opus x jag.
Whatever Chuck, always raining on my parade:stickbeat:waving:

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Alright, this might go down as one of the stupidest questions of all time, but I cannot seem to find distilled water at my supermarket (which is normal size, large chain, etc.) Any hints on where I would "normally' find distilled water?

Obviously, I am looking for them to use with my beads. I also have Xikar humidification solution (which I "think" is just PG solution). Can I use this instead of distilled water with Heartfelt Industries beads?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
I get mine at the grocery store.

As someone else said DO NOT use any PG solution, Xikar solution etc. on the Heartfelt Humidoty Beads. It will ruin them.