What's new

White Humidor

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi gang. I'm looking for a white, glossy lacquer desktop humidor, preferably about 100-stick capacity, but size doesn't matter (at least in this case :bouncetau). The only one I have been able to find is an Ashton, which lists for (gasp) $1800. Even at deep discount, it would still cost me close to a grand. I'm interested in something running maybe a couple-few hundred dollars. Any suggestions? TIA.

BTW, Please excuse the cross-post.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would a vison CAO Box work for you? Only holds about 20 and a humidity pack.
Thanks for the suggestion, but no. I had thought about it, but it's too small, and the logo isn't something I particular want to display.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Depending on how fancy you want it, any plastics guy could build you one out of white acrylic and you could put cedar trays into it. I used to have one that held ten cedar trays with an Oasis between them that was just a basic box that fit inside a cabinet I had.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depending on how fancy you want it,...
That's the key. This whole thing started last week when my wife and I were sitting in the living room, and she said, "You know, that wall unit would look a lot better if you had a white humidor in there instead of the wood one." A word to the wise is sufficient. Hence my quest.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That would be a possibility, but they're a bit pricey at $500 or so. I was trying to keep it in the $200-300 range.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You could find a nice humidor, with at least 3/4" walls for around $100-$125, unscrew the hinges, take the lid off, sand it all down, then apply lacquer or paint it, let it dry and apply clear lacquer.

There are plenty of how-to website that could help you with it if you aren't familiar with handling lacquer. If you decide to go down the road, I could also help you out if you get stuck on something.

Time consuming? Yes.

Surefire way to get what you want? Yes.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
You could find a nice humidor, with at least 3/4" walls for around $100-$125, unscrew the hinges, take the lid off, sand it all down, then apply lacquer or paint it, let it dry and apply clear lacquer.

There are plenty of how-to website that could help you with it if you aren't familiar with handling lacquer. If you decide to go down the road, I could also help you out if you get stuck on something.

Time consuming? Yes.

Surefire way to get what you want? Yes.
:thumbsup:

This may be the only way. All of the white humidors that I have found are high-end or custom built.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, guys. Refinishing one isn't really an option for me. I'm gonna check out the Montecristo and keep looking...