What's new

Why are cigar ashtrays so evpensive?

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was looking to buy a cigar ashtray and was suprised that they were over $30. Even online the best I could finfd was about $15. Do you guys pay these prices?

ps. If anyone has an old one they aren't using and wants to send it my way it would be much appreciated.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Try your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. You can usually find large ashtrays for a buck or two.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The fiance hit up a couple of the local antique flea markets, and got me two nice trays and stands from the early 60's. Just need a little polishing. Cost was 15 each with ash trays.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Depends on what you are looking for. If you want something nice, you are pretty much going to spend $15+ for new. :dunno:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just use the ground... or If i want to really feel high class I use the empty beer bottle that is next to me....

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
A lot of cigar accessories can be expensive. There must be enough elitist cigar smokers to warrant them though.

I'm glad there aren't any here though. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
A lot of cigar accessories can be expensive. There must be enough elitist cigar smokers to warrant them though.

I'm glad there aren't any here though. :thumbsup:
I don't know if elitist is the right word. A cooler and an Aristocrat do the same job, right? Is it elitist to prefer to look at an Aristocrat sitting in the living room rather than a cooler? Or to prefer a Dupont to a Nibo? Many people would say that smoking a $15 cigar is elitist but, I assume, we would all disagree. It's all about perspective and what makes you happy.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I have a stinky ashtray that was 30. I love it. A great place to rest the cigar which is the tough part to find. You can ash in any container you want really.

The ground works well too!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
croatan said:
I don't know if elitist is the right word. A cooler and an Aristocrat do the same job, right? Is it elitist to prefer to look at an Aristocrat sitting in the living room rather than a cooler? Or to prefer a Dupont to a Nibo? Many people would say that smoking a $15 cigar is elitist but, I assume, we would all disagree. It's all about perspective and what makes you happy.
I would argue that the cooler and the Nibo do not do the same job, or do the job as well, as the Aristocrat or the DuPont.

Now, a porcelain ashtray? Porcelain is porcelain to me.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
croatan said:
You also forgot disposable income :thumbsup: What you can afford/make you happy is about how it goes

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
fredneck said:
ebay has a lot of very nice ashtrays.
I saw some nice stainless steel ones for like 15 bucks. Also, JR Cigars sometimes has buy this get that free with ashtrays.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my ashtray

Wait...thats not my ashtray. (even though I have ashed a couple fine smokes in it before)

THIS is my ashtray!!

Yes, it is a tuna can! :hysterica

That poor Casa Fuente nub must feel pretty out of place in there! :rofl: