What's new

Why Distilled

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Why does the water have to be distilled i know that distilled water has no minerals or any other impurities but whats the diffrence between tap and distilled or solution?

This is a question ive been trying to figure out for a while. thanks for the help guys

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tap water can, over time, leave residue (minerals) behind that can reduce the effectiveness of your humidifier. Also -- your tap water likely has chlorine and other chemicals in it that you may not want around your cigars, whereas distilled will be free of that type of stuff.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I don't think IMHO that tap water will ever leave any "taste" on your cigars, however the impurities will or can in time hamper the effectiveness of your humidification albeit a floral foam humidifier or high end active device. Those deposits that tap water can leave after time are the culprit.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't think IMHO that tap water will ever leave any "taste" on your cigars, however the impurities will or can in time hamper the effectiveness of your humidification albeit a floral foam humidifier or high end active device. Those deposits that tap water can leave after time are the culprit.
What Wade said.:yes: Chlorine isn't a problem at all. There are allot of other things that are put into drinking water that will gum up your humidification device. Some that come to mind are Lime, Fluoride, various sequestrents,coagulants, polymers and flocculants. Best to stick with distilled water as everyone else has said.:thumbsup: