What's new

Wine-a-dor: Do you have to replace the shelves?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Still trying to figure out the best storage solution for me and was looking at possibly getting a wineador. A couple of questions...

Is there a specific model that people recommend? Also, is it absolutely necessary to replace the shelves? I am just wondering if there is a model out there with something like wire shelves that I could keep in place. I am looking to do something with as little customization as possible...

Strick

Finally
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I did until I decided to get some custom drawers. Put my smokes in cigar boxes and stacked them on the shelves. Works just fine...

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I use the wire shelves with the ccurved part of the wire removed. ya know the wire that looks like waves, where the bottle sits. I then did a little customization and ziptied the tops to a few boxes to each wire frame shelf. I think the standard model is a Vinotemp 28 bottle. I have an Ewave 28 and use an external temp controller to keep my temp a bit higher, as mine maxes at about 50*and I want my smokes a bit warmer than that. I believe the Vinotemp has settings that will allow it to stay warm enough.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I guess I am trying to avoid customization to the extent possible. I am wondering if there is a model out there that has flat wire shelves that will simply allow me to stick some beads in there, shove my boxes in there and be done with it...

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I can't imagine you're going to find one with flat shelves, since the things are made to hold wine bottles.

FWIW, I used mine with unmodified wire shelves for a long time, until I just couldn't stand having the boxes sit kinda wobby and wonky.....at which point I just built VERY simple cedar plank shelves glued together with wood glue and just SITTING ON TOP of the existing wire shelves. It wasn't a big deal.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I can't imagine you're going to find one with flat shelves, since the things are made to hold wine bottles.

FWIW, I used mine with unmodified wire shelves for a long time, until I just couldn't stand having the boxes sit kinda wobby and wonky.....at which point I just built VERY simple cedar plank shelves glued together with wood glue and just SITTING ON TOP of the existing wire shelves. It wasn't a big deal.
I have seen a few done, no big modification needed just buy a few sheets of thin cedar shelves to put on your wire shelves and your all good. I don't think the cedar shelves are to expensive to buy and if you need a cut on them let me know I am a hour outside of Boston and I am in town most every week.

Poriggity

CRA Ambassador #0042
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Until I get my drawers and shelves made I'll be using the wire racks that come with the wine cooler. It's easy to do and a lot of people do it that way.
Scott

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
i have a vinotemp 28 used the wire shelves it came with until i ran out of room. after that i took out the shelves when i needed more room and just play tetris with the boxes. Don't spendextra money onn shelves because you will outgrow that cooler soon enough