What's new

Wine-a-dor Project Frustration

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Avanti Arrived: Check
ETC Arrived: Check
2 lbs. Beads: Check

Avanti Sent Back: Check

I was all excited to get started on this project and then I realized that the wine cooler had been damaged in shipping:angerFU:. The company sent me a return label but I now have to wait another week. Just needed to get the frustration out a little.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
hey, where did you get that from? maybe one of the brothers can pick up a nice scratch and dent!!!

:stretchgr

sorry for the frustration. i really do hate finding out how poorly things are handled from time to time in transit.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
sorry for the frustration. i really do hate finding out how poorly things are handled from time to time in transit.
I know what you mean. This has never happened to me but I worked for a department store and they had a trucker that drove for them and he always threw boxes didn't care what was in it. He broke a few open. A department store is different but I was shocked at how careless people can treat you packages you never know what is going to happen to them.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Sorry to hear the bad news brother. Don't worry you'll be set up in no time. I have an Avanti so hit me up if you have any questions.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
PC Richards, which is in New York, is where I got it. I don't really have any complaints other than that I have to wait. The shipping was free (guess I know why) and they sent me a return label so I could ship back to them. At the time it was just annoying cause I was ready to get started on the project.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
My first wineador was a smaller 12 bottle Avanti--and even though I bought it at Target, it was damaged inside the sealed box. I had to take it back and exchange it.

It seems none of these wine coolers have much protective packaging; my VInotemps didn't have much more than a thin sheet of styrofoam, which is totally inadequate for shipping purposes.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Lots of brothers poised and ready to help on this project Patrick.

Sorry to hear about the delay... it can be frustrating!! The good news is that it will be worth the wait.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well the company sent me a return label and I sent the unit back. Today I received my replacement and it too is damaged. :cursing::cursing: At this point I have emailed customer service to see if they'll just give me money back and treat it as a scratch and dent. We'll see. Good thing I'm about to go to my favorite beer bar in town and have some St. Bernardus Abt 12 from the tap.

you can see the damage in the pics below.

Attachments

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Dude that does suck. Who did you order from. I got mine from compact appliances I think and it was perfect. Of course it last about 3.5 years and then stopped cooling.