What's new

Wine-a-dor Questions

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
Getting ready to make this happen but its going to be a long process:

Circulation:
1. How many and what size computer fans are you using?
2. Where do you have them placed and what directions do they blow?
3. What timer are you using?

Humidification:
1. How many lbs of heartfelt for a 28 bottle cooler?
2. Is there any problem using HCM with Hearfelt with KL (I know all overkill) ?
3. Is it fine if all the humidification is in the bottom as long as there is good circulation?

ETC etc...
1. Is an ETC nessicary if its a digital unit where you can specify temp?
2. What ETC is the best bang for the buck?

I know a lot of questions but help on any of em would be great!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I opted to skip the ETC. I bought my Edgestar 28, cleaned it, did the baking soda trick and whatnot, added a little over 2 pounds of heartfelt beads throughout it, and then added my cigars.

Remember, the less you spend on the build - the more you have for smokes.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a 28 bottle Edgestar. About 2.5-3lbs of KL spread between the top, middle, and bottom. No fans used and it's unplugged. I would stick with one brand of beads since it'll be easier to mess with

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Getting ready to make this happen but its going to be a long process:

Circulation:
1. How many and what size computer fans are you using?
Two of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150037
wired to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123309

2. Where do you have them placed and what directions do they blow?
lower back wall blowing forward with spacers behind them for airflow
3. What timer are you using?
This (I think): http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100685874/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=digital+timer&storeId=10051
Has 20 setting per day and run it 6 minutes every hour or so

Humidification:
1. How many lbs of heartfelt for a 28 bottle cooler?
2. Is there any problem using HCM with Hearfelt with KL (I know all overkill) ?
3. Is it fine if all the humidification is in the bottom as long as there is good circulation?

ETC etc...
1. Is an ETC nessicary if its a digital unit where you can specify temp?
I don't use one
2. What ETC is the best bang for the buck?

I know a lot of questions but help on any of em would be great!
Hope this helps

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Honestly, don't worry about adding all the extras. I used 2 wine fridges for over 2 years without any added accessories besides beads and they both stayed rock solid with Rh the entire time. I simply put a 1/3 of the beads at the bottom, middle and top and made sure to open the door every few days to circulate a little air and it was just fine. I also got the small bead tubes from HF and put one in each singles drawer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we are talking wineadors, how many boxes does one generally hold (28 bottle)? I've been thinking of putting one together.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
While we are talking wineadors, how many boxes does one generally hold (28 bottle)? I've been thinking of putting one together.
I would say that if I only went with about 4 or 5 trays, instead of full drawers in my two Edgestars, each would hold at least 16 boxes.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Obviously if you go with drawers, and unbox all of them, i would speculate each cooler can hold around 750-800 sticks

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
With one shelf on the very bottom slot and all boxes stacked after that around 24-26. I've had a many as 28 with only one being a 10 ct but a few being pc sized. This was also accounting for some even being stacked vertically behind horizontal rows.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ill see if anyone sees this here:

So I think I want black drawer fronts, if it possible to stain the basic spanish cedar fronts the drawers usually come with?
Sure, it's possible. But, I've read that severely limits that specific piece of woods ability to regulate humidity on any level. Also, the stain releases fumes for a VERY long time after you can no longer detect it, especially the amount of staining that would be required to reach a "black" finish.

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
I wouldnt do the whole drawer, just the fronts... so i dont think regulating humidity would be a problem... There are a few different water-based black stains, do you think a week airing out would be enough?

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
Two more questions:
Is there any harm in having my fans right above my tray of heartfelt beads blowing upwards? Would it like my them dry out too quickly?

Would decently strong magnets located on the door mess anything up internally?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Sure, it's possible. But, I've read that severely limits that specific piece of woods ability to regulate humidity on any level. Also, the stain releases fumes for a VERY long time after you can no longer detect it, especially the amount of staining that would be required to reach a "black" finish.
He wouldn't stain them but use a black paint. It's done all the time. And I have never tasted a paint, stain or chemical taste from my black drawer Fronts. Curious do you have black fronts on yours???