What's new

Wine Cooler Help- anybody?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I posted a thread that failed to grow legs http://www.botl.org/threads/koldfront-327sz-anybody-got-one.79234/ and since I'm a week away from making a decision, I thought I'd rephrase it. Does anyone know anything about T/E coolers that have no drain-hole? Will they hold humidity or no?
P.S: Y'all can ignore this post, thanks to Zmilin, I got my answer! Thanks to everyone who responded. (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't know much about winedors. But I just got a cc300 and it's premodified with no drain or drip pan. Holds humidity just fine. I'm sure the plethora or 69 bovedas and 70 rh heartfelts don't hurt. But it bounces back quickly after opening the door. Stays at about a 68 up and 65ish on bottom.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, I had a smaller one before and plugged it but found a small puddle that made its way into a box of smokes. If there's no drain, how does the unit deal with condensation?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Keep your beads in a tray at the bottom so any water pooling can be cleaned up. Mine pooled once at the beginning and never has again after it stabilized.
Ive also re-routed my drain back into the tray of beads to be safe but it really shouldn't be a issue. Once the thing gets stable you should be fine.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you get the dual zone? I don't know how a dual zone would act as a wineador.
The 1st was a 16btlSZ. The one I'm lookin at is a 32btlSZ. I know about keeping a stocking of beads at the back and you're right, it works, but maybe I'm obsessing over nothing; I still can't figure out where condensation goes in a cooled, closed environment. Do wine aficionados keep beads?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
They don't keep beads but after looking up the owners manual the unit has a water pan of sorts. Doesn't seem removable but it may be recessed so as not to allow pooling water on the bottom shelf. I wouldn't know without looking inside one.

From the owners manual:
WATER PAN AND CONDENSATION
Occasionally, the water pan may collect water in high humidity environments. If the pan appears to be getting full, do the following:
1. Disconnect power to the unit.
2. Use a soft absorbent towel to wipe the water pan’s water.
3. Reconnect power to the unit.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is someone that it looks like he has the same wineador as you are getting

http://www.botl.org/index.php?threads/77903/
It's a smaller unit and from what I'm told, it does have a drain hole. I think I'll pass on the KoldFront because its thermostat is in the middle, where I want my drawers. Instead, I think I'm going with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/32-Bottle-Single-Zone-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler-with-Adjustable-Shelves-BIG2131-/281216407139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4179cdd663 I had the 16btl one of these and while it worked great, I outgrew it real quick!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me know how that one works out. I'm in the market for one as Houston summers are humid and hot. Definitely thinking temperature control may be necessary.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sure will. I'm ordering next week. I keep the apartment at 76 so I need a little cooling help too. Pity, is that I'll have to wait another month or two to place an order for drawers.