What's new

Wine Storage

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, I posted my pics of my humidor.... here is what I have for wine ~

Last count I was sporting about 945 bottles.

Wine...Coffee...and Cigars....do I need any other hobbies?

PS: If ya know anyone needing a 51' Fountain Boat...with Trip Merlin motors... help a brotha out~

Attachments

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have 3 bottles that size. 2 of the bottles I have are from New Years Eve party at Del Friscos. One bottle is signed by Jerry Jones from a charity even I was at~

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Nice! I'll bet your wife loves the dining room "path" ... :skew:

My wine collection is about 420 bottles and is mostly in one large Vinotemp cabinet that I got for free on Craigslist. (I rebuilt the cooling unit for less than $200.)

Are you on Cellar Tracker?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Just wondering, have you got a favorite Port or maybe a Dessert Wine you would be willing to recommend to a brother?

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a friend named Jeff Mayo....Mayo wineries..he makes a killer 375 bottle of zinfandel port....great stuff... I, personally drink a 20yr tawny....

As for dessert wines....try Dolce by Far Niente... or there is one made by Deerfield Ranch
called "gold".

If you want to step up to the plate...there is a super bottle of dessert wine called Chateau d'Yquem...which will set you back a few C-notes ..depending on the vintage

My wifes fav is Deerfield~

Salute~

Attachments

Toast

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything from chateau margaux or haut-brion? If so; i'll send you my address. Looking good.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Just wondering, have you got a favorite Port or maybe a Dessert Wine you would be willing to recommend to a brother?

Thanks!
If you want something very different / off-beat, try Tokaji (Tokay). This is an excellent dessert wine from Hungary and usually comes in 500ml bottles. Look for the Aszú designation. The level of sweetness is called Puttonyos ... and this ranges from 3 to 6.

If you can, purchase some from 1993, which was a phenomenal year.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for the recommendations my friends! :thumbsup:

One of my favorite Ports is Deco, but it's hard to locate here on the right coast. It's the best ports of California and South Australia, gently kissed with essences of 100% natural chocolate, and it's damn good with a cigar!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha! That's funny.

I, for one, have a "wine basement." Ppl keep asking me "don't you mean 'cellar'?"

Nope. Wine is in the basement, laying about all over the place. Turns out it's got a fairly steady temp/humidity. Good e-nuff.

'course: your pics (and implicit wifely understanding) make me a bit envious.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Kojak is just trying to make us all a little jealous with his collections. Do you think it will just encourage him if I said it's working? I also have quite the wine collection. It includes about 10 bottles. lol

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Man, I need to change my tag back to "mini"!

My 32 bottles in the dual zone and 120ish sticks in my 12 bottle wineador are pathetic next to you Kojak!

Thanks for posting up the pics.