What's new

Wineador Cleanout Tips Needed

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gents

Anyone have any other secrets for getting the machine/plastic smell out of a new wineador? Pretty sure its coming from the machine parts and not the plastic inside as I did a vinegar scrub and it worked very well along with a DW wipedown. Let it sit for a while with the door open. Its been running with activated charcoal for a while now. Did the newspaper and baking soda thing as well but still when I open the door it has a mechanical/machine smell

Any thoughts?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have done charcoal, vinegar scrub and newspaper, you have basically done all anyone had ever done so chances are you may just have a very sensitive nose.

I totally understand wanting to get it right before you move on to the next step, but I don't know of anything else to do.

I think you may be surprised what a difference having cedar and cigars in there will do.

Maybe someone else had a suggestion. Chiming in because I have been right there with you, preferring to over do it than not. Our cigars are important.

I would say put the cedar in and start the days long process of getting your RH dialed, you can always pull everything out if that doesn't help.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yea i mean i think its pretty noticeable when you open the door and stick your face in. Not like it is smelling up a room or anything though lol. Just dont want that in my sticks thats for sure. Sounds like throwing in some cedar boxes would be a good idea. After I do that and a few days later if all i smell is cedar/stogie smell I presume it should be just fine

I would love to run the unit with the door open for a few days but I know that will put a lot of stress on the cooling unit and since its a scratch and dent and I only have 90 day warranty that option doesnt sound too attractive to me..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most people repeat the cleaning steps. How many times did you wipe down with vinegar?

I went the baking soda route, and with that, I did that 3 times. Scrub down, rinse, scrub down again, rinse...until I had done that 3 times.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Guys after a couple cleanings with vinegar and baking soda there was still a faint smell. Let a fan blow into it with the door open all night and then filled it up along with some KL. Ever since when I open the door all I get is cigars not a trace of "off" smells.

good to go!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice! I was going to say what i did. I let it run with about nine little shallow dishes (its all about surface area) and after about a week, the smell was completely gone.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys after a couple cleanings with vinegar and baking soda there was still a faint smell. Let a fan blow into it with the door open all night and then filled it up along with some KL. Ever since when I open the door all I get is cigars not a trace of "off" smells.

good to go!
Awesome! Glad you got things running.