What's new

wineador frustrations

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a edgestar 280 the first week of February. It was a scratch/dent model, but was going to work perfectly for my use. Ordered some drawers and shelves from forest the same night. I was beyond stoked!!!!
Three days later while i am awaiting the arrival of the fridge from fedex i check the shipping and see that fedex broke the fridge and was returning it to the vendor... alright

I talk the vendor and they were unaware of it for a few days. I reorder... they are out of scratch/dent models but offer me a great deal on a new one. I take it. I was out of the country on vacation and my credit card company declined the billing because i was shipping to my office and that was not the billing address.... never had a problem before. After numerous calls to the vendor and credit card company I cancel the order and tell them i will reorder when i am back in country. phone bill was getting bad at .99/minute.

I reorder the fridge last week. It arrives today and I open it for the air out and cleaning. after all I am expecting my shelves and drawers in the next week or so.

The fridge has a crack in the liner in the bottom. At this point i probably wouldnt worry about it if I was usning it as a wine fridge, but i want it to hold humidity. This is beyond frusterating. I should have ponied up and ordered a cabinet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry to hear the troubles you are having. I think once you get a good fridge and the shelves from Forest you will be glad you went that route. Be sure to post some pics of the finished product!

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Really sorry to hear about the troubles. I bought a scratch/dent edgestar a few years ago and the first one came in with a shattered door. You could hear the glass crunch when the delivery guy walked in the door. Refused it and called about a replacement. When it finally came in and I got the drawers in it I was happy happy happy. Hope once you get it set up you forget about all the trouble and enjoy it as much as I have mine.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is brutal. I would be pissed also. You dont want to have to tape it or patch it either as it will be ugly and potentially change the taste of the cigars inside.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
FYI, if you ordered your shelves from Forrest the first week of February, i would expect at least another month or two wait before they come in (if you did not pay extra to rush your order), not a couple weeks. He is buried with orders (and does all the work himself) and last I heard he is still working orders from December (I also would guess there was a rush of orders after Christmas). I think recently the wait has averaged around 10-11 weeks. So you have time to deal with the fridge.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I remember when I got my first Humi... I had all of my cigars and everything and it turned out when the humi came in it was all scratched and it didn't have the hygometer.
I sent it back and waited another 3 weeks it sucked so bad cause my wife bought it for me for my birthday.

Gun I feel your pain but hopefully you have your cigars in a different humi so you can atleast still enjoy them and they dont dry out to much.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
sorry to hear about the frustrations brother. Thankfully I didn't run into any issues and I went the scratch-n-dent route as well with drawers from forest.

Once you get it sorted out though you will be happy as can be!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I would of asked to keep the cracked liner one at scratch/dent pricing and called it a day...... That would of been a black duct tape fix.
The door frame is a way bigger issue IMO. And I would not keep it due to the problems down the road with it.
Jfire