What's new

Wineador question for BOTL's with them already

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hey guys,

Question like anyone else I found an AMAZING returned open box deal for a Newair 281e (28 bottle) at best buy for 150 and couldn't help but buy it for such a steal at brand new conditions.

So i'm here planning my attack on this thing, I have decided i'm going with heartfelt (being that heartfelt is in my existing humidor) to save on costs, and all I have to do is buy a little more beads.

My question is what fans do you guys use for you wineadors? I know some people don't think it's necessary, some do, I'm going to go ahead and just do it-- heck it won't hurt. While looking into fans I read about these oust fans but thats not the route I want to take. I am looking into building the fans into my wineador or mount them somewhere. So the next idea was computer fans from(which seems to be popular)

With the computer fans what size do you guys use? and if you could've would you have gone bigger or smaller? and how many should I get? I was thinking placement of the fans would be mid-rear wall 2 up 2 down(which I got from a thread from here thanks! btw)

Also I have read about some water leaks and condensation and what not.. how have you guys found that to be an issue? My drain hold is located bottom(floor) panel center.. which is where I was thinking about running the wires through? I see some people leave it open some close it, So if you guys can through some knowledge my way that'll be great.

I live in Staten Island, NY so right now the wineador would be off and during the summer i'll turn it on..

Thanks guys!

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
In my new 281e I'm only using the fan in the fridge. Only been up for 4 days but no issues yet and good readings top to bottom. I plugged the drain with electrical tape.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
When I had my wineador I didn't use fans myself... I figured enough air circulated from all the opening closing, and going in and out of drawers that I did. I did eletrical tape the hole though as well, but since you're going to use that for wires I would just run the wire and seal around it.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a new air 28 bottle as well. I don't use fans in mine just 2 lbs beads and the humidity is equal and stable throughout. There was some variation from top to bottom with the humidity in the first few weeks not much 1-2%..but it stabalized. I was worried about condensation as well. I leave my hole plugged and check every once and a while and I haven't had any issues with it yet. I've had mine for about 3 months, so I don't know if this will be a bigger issue in warmer weather.... which I don't see because it's temp controlled at 65-66 degrees...I'm sure some other brothers will have some info for you....good luck

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Condensation is going to be an issue if your home is not temp controlled. If you keep your house cool enough, it should be no big deal.

I just taped over the drain hole after running the wire through (I didn't wire fans, but I did wire an external temp controller.) I suggest an ETC primarily for the purpose of ensuring the unit doesn't run often or for long periods.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Seems like no one used fans? hmm I guess thats something to take into consideration... and no unfortunately my house is not always temp controlled as i am not always home :/ so I don't always have the heat or ac on.. and I have been looking into ETC's I'm just looking for a inexpensive one to do the job for me @stogieninja thanks!

thanks for all the feedback guys!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
(mounted together)

fans seperated

This is what I use, (2) 120 MM cpu fans. I keep them together and put them either on top or on bottom of the wine cooler. This is all you really need to move air around the wine cooler. No need for all the fancy stuff, mounting 2 up and 3 down. Keep it simple my friend, has worked for me.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0