What's new

Wineador question?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the site! Im just starting to really get into cigars and learn more about them. I've always smoked cigars every now and then but am just starting to get into properly storing and keeping cigars. I have a strange question. I'm an occasional cigar smoker (1-2 a month tops) I already own a wine cooler and was wondering what your thoughts on storing airtight humidors (in this case a cigar caddy) with 65 boveda bags in the humidor and storing the whole humidor inside the wine cooler. That way I can have a small selection of smokes stored at the proper temp and humidity ready to smoke, and I don't take over the whole wine cooler so my wife can still store her wine. Just an interesting solution I thought of. Let me know if there are any factors I am over looking. Thanks for your input!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm doing the same thing with a re-purposed refrigerator. Just make sure the storage container has a tight seal and you may want to add a bit of Spanish cedar shavings or saw dust in cache packs in with the cigars

Welcome to the forum we'll have you up to a smoke a day habit in no time!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Only would need to worry about that is your house gets hot in the summer. Otherwise keep them separate so your wife doesn't find out how many cigars you buy once cad sets in

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick replies! Sounds good I'll definitely try the cedar thing. And as for the house in the summer time usually hits the mid to high seventies indoors here in so cal in the summertime. A/C cost to much to run any lower than that when it's 100+ outside. As for the wife not a bad idea, maybe I do need a whole wineador to myself haha!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have the same problem in SE Louisiana. I run the house in the low 80's, especially when we are away so cooling is important. Not sure if you have a decent hygrometer but they are essential to monitor your humidity and the small ones don't take up a lot of room in the humidor. Good luck, it won't be long before you start asking about the next step up!