What's new

Wineidor changes

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Pulled the trigger on a wineidor last night. :applause: The Edgestar 28 is on the way. So I have a question for the people who have tricked one out. What would you change about what you did? I searched through a couple of posts about builds and Chasidor shelves and trays. Saw that several people regretted getting the single trays. So how many trays do I need vs shelves, etc. Thanks for you opinions. :blob:

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
When looking at trays vs shelves you need to figure out what you will be storing for the most part. My entire wine cooler is filled with singles, I used 6 doubles to accomplish this. If you will be storing mostly boxes I would only get 2 trays.

Getting an ETC is also something to look into. Read my Wine Cooler 101 thread if you havent.

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I have 3 doubles and one shelf. The three are placed from the bottom up and the shelf on top. There I place my boxes. I did buy a single the first convert I did. The problem is the amount of cigars it holds is probably half that of the double. Mine were ordered with glass tops. PM me your addy and I will send you a rubber plug for the drain. Definitely recommend an ETC

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I have the edgestar also. I went with 3 double drawers, and a shelf on the bottom. The shelf keeps the boxes off the bottom of the cooler, and leaves space below for the beads. Looking back I wish I would have gone with 2 doubles, and 2 singles. Also if you have one drawer made narrower from front to back you can get another double in the top slot. The controller on the back wall keeps normal shelfs from fitting. I did no other mods to mine other then plugging the drain (used a golf tee) and putting in 2 pounds of beads.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Getting an ETC is also something to look into. Read my Wine Cooler 101 thread if you havent.
With a title of Wine Cooler 101, that is where I started. All 12 pages of it. Great reading. Just curious about anyone having second thoughts, or what they would have done in hind-sight.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I have 4 doubles and 2 single chasidors. My only regret is I have room for one more double(or 2 singles). I should of bought one more double drawer for a total of 5 doubles and 2 singles. I would of had just enough room for this new double drawer and the sock of beads at the bottom. (I also have 2/2oz tubes in each drawer as well already)

Last edited:

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I did 2 shelves, 2 singles, and 2 doubles in mine.

From top to bottom:

1. Top slot I have a shelf. Since a drawer wont fit there anyway (due to the temp controller in the back corner), I didn't want to loose the space. On this shelf I have some beads and a digital hygrometer.

2. Single drawer
3. Singe drawer
4. Double drawer
5. Double drawer

This takes up a little over half the unit leaving the rest of the space on bottom for box storage.

6. Bottom slot has another shelf to keep the boxes off the floor of the unit. The space under the shelf is also a good spot for some more beads.

Can't really comment too much on single vs. double because I havn't gotten my drawers yet...the shelves are working good though...lol

You may have read my build thread already, but if not...here's mine:
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=44149

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I did 3 double trays and 2 shelves, and this is perfect for my needs. The single trays don't appear to hold many sticks, so I'm glad I stuck with the doubles.

The only thing I would have changed is that I wish I'd bought 2 Edgestars! I'm already out of room!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
For me I would have gone with only double drawers and less shelves....

All I have in there right now is a single and a double drawer and 2 shelves... Both drawers are full and I have about 8 boxes crammed in mine.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My only warning on trays is place the order and forget about them, as "waiting" on them isn't a fun game. It's better to forget and be surprised.

I ordered in June, two weeks ago I got the "completed/packing for shipping" still no tracking.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have 4 doubles and 2 single chasidors. My only regret is I have room for one more double(or 2 singles). I should of bought one more double drawer for a total of 5 doubles and 2 singles. I would of had just enough room for this new double drawer and the sock of beads at the bottom. (I also have 2/2oz tubes in each drawer as well already)

Justin, what model is that, it is most definately one of the nicer ones from the outside I've seen! :thumbsup:

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0