What's new

Wire trays for a 500-count humidor?

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey guys -- I am reconditioning a humidor that wasn't doing a great job of keeping my cigars properly - it's a 500-count that's something like 10.75" by 15" by 12.75" interior dimensions. It's basically a big bottom box with optional dividers and two cedar trays that nest at the top.

I've gotten my hands on an Oust fan and was thinking of getting some Heartfelt bead-tubes to sort of space around the thing (going heavier on the beads than I need to) ... but in that big bottom area, I think the dividers just hamper the flow of RH.

I thought about getting some trays - basically like an in-box you'd put on your desk, the stackable kind ...

perhaps something like this:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/809541/Office-Depot-Brand-Letter-Wire-Desk/

Could stack 3 or so of them, I think. Thoughts? Good idea, bad idea? I've been keeping boxes down there but it seems like it's doing more harm than good ...

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Not a fan much of putting metal items in a humid environment. I can make some aerated cedar dividers or lattice trays for you if you'd like. Several options available.

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah, that was the one thing I wasn't keen on. It's so dry here that I wasn't too worried about rust - if that was a problem I'd be replacing fly line backing constantly, since I leave reels in the river all the time - but ... yeah.

Hmm. Do you have some kind of guidelines on your trays, a thread on them or something? I'd be interested in that as an option ... got to do something. Too many sticks to abandon this humidor, not really interested in buying more of them (have 4 tabletops scattered around my various haunts, and two jars already!) and the boxes don't seem to be helping ...

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Why don't you shoot me some accurate dimensions and let me know if you would like some trays to fit down in the bottom or just some dividers.

I'll build up what you need to help save the humidor for you no charge. :ccool:

I have a few pics on this forum of some of the things I've done here http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=50602

I'm new to BOTL.org but I do know a few folks on here. The other info on my vino drawers is on another "crazy" forum. lol

Happy to help out a fellow Brother so let me know what I can do. :tiphat:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a plug for Forrest. He did 4 doubles for me and the fit and workmanship work perfect.

Thanks again Forrest.