What's new

Xikar 30-50 travel humi

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
just got my new humi to replace the foam lined ammo can i have been using for the last month, so far i am very pleased with it although i dont really care for the foam trays until im actully gonna send it home from afghaniland, anyone else use these and have any praises/pains

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Email Ron over at CigarSolutions (he's a member here)

Converted a Storm case about a month ago

Easyryder01

The Adjuster
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love mine, and am very happy with the unit other than there really is no real way of figuring out what the real humidity is in there and if that flower shop greeeen thing really does work, so because of that I wound putting in a xikar crystal stick that is the size of about a corona and now I don't worry about humidity anymore. Also I like the case cuz I believe this is not a xikar case it is a pelican case with xikar name on it and since I scuba dive pelican is good enough for the Navy Seals its good enough for me.

_

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The trays tend to take up a lot of space. I live out of my 30 count, and keep the trays out at all time. When I'll be on the road, I put maybe one on the top to fill in the dead space and keep the cigars from bouncing around. Otherwise, I prefer to be able to keep 50 cigars in the 30 count case. Not to mention, you need a ton of space to be able to lay out 4 trays to get to a cigar at the bottom. I just don't have that kind of room.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Yes and no. They do provide an additional layer of protection, which is very nice, but the way they space out the cigars can take up more room, as well. It really does depend on what exactly you are trying to do with the case. I also found the length ended with overlap and the bags had to be folded someway, so that was another space hog.

That said, I might try it out again when I get back to the house this time around. I did order from the last batch of 5 finger group buy, so I'm looking forward to getting them.

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
i have had mine for a while now, and have no complaints, i took the humidifier out that came with it and put in a humidifier with some rh beads and also cut out a nice little square from the top liner foam and added a digital hydrometer, i love it. dont have a single thing to complain about with this one

Easyryder01

The Adjuster
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If xikar isn't using a pelican it is a damn good copy of one. Thank you for clarifying that for me. I do agree that taking out so many trays to get to the stick you want to enjoy is a hassle.