What's new

Today's Bourbon

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I realized I never posted this but thought some may be interested. I went to Fumare (Dion's shop) in Reno last weekend with a buddy to hang out for a bit. Afterwards we hit the Peppermill for a place that was rumored to have an extensive Whiskey list. I was impressed! We did the Single Barrel Love sampler and then I had a pour of Blood Oath #2. Below is their rare stuff as well as the samplers but the regular whiskey list was pretty impressive by itself!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh that is GOOD. You know...of all the distilleries, Beam is my favorite due to Booker's/KC being the nectar of the gods as well as the general flavor profile being right up my alley.

That being said...WT is perhaps the ONLY distillery IMO where the offerings at EVERY price point are rock solid. Turkey 101, Longbranch, Rare Breed, Russell's...there are no disappointments there whether you're spending $20 or $75. Well done, Turkey. Another delicious bottle.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Oh that is GOOD. You know...of all the distilleries, Beam is my favorite due to Booker's/KC being the nectar of the gods as well as the general flavor profile being right up my alley.

That being said...WT is perhaps the ONLY distillery IMO where the offerings at EVERY price point are rock solid. Turkey 101, Longbranch, Rare Breed, Russell's...there are no disappointments there whether you're spending $20 or $75. Well done, Turkey. Another delicious bottle.
We have very similar palates as far as I can tell, Carlos. (y)

Last night's pour:

Yesterday's pickup from a local FB group. Too good a price to pass up.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I opened the new Booker's (24-01 Springfield batch) last night. I give the Booker's at least 3 weeks open before I really evaluate them, but my first impressions of this aren't great. While it has a great nose, the palate is kind of ordinary (nothing special), and there is something off-putting to me on the finish. I can't put my finger on the offending flavor. I'll try it again in June and see how it grabs me then.