What's new

60% rh

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i stuffed my wineador full of newspaper, i mean stuffed it, and left it like that for about 2 days, obviously with it off. and then i took all the newspaper out, then put about 8 empty boxes in it, and turned it on for a couple of days, that seemed to take care of the smell, if you are real worried about the RH, you could put a small bowl in the bottom with distilled water in it. Good, luck the only problem i have is that i think mine is too cold, it gets down to 60 degrees, and i think it is pulling my RH levels down, cause sometimes like is like 59-60% and i have 2lbs of 65% beads in there, and it never gets that high. Either way good luck with the new humidor...

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I've got three hygros in my Vino, bottom reads 74%, middle reads 60%, top reads 60%. I only have 1 lb of beads in so far, half on top, half on bottom. More on the way. Haven't had a single problem smoking cigars from all three levels. I have a USB fan (6 bucks) ordered that will be powered by 115V to USB converter (about 3 bucks) and controlled by a multi-setting timer. Hope the fan disperses throughout the unit.

As for removing the plastic smell, a good wipe down with a mild detergent and a couple boxes of baking soda. You could even try placing a container of plain charcoal in there for a few days.

Good Luck and Congrats on the Avanti!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
thanks guys. i appreciate the help. i think i'm more concerned with the plastic smell now. i thought it was gone but apparently its still there.
When I received mine, I turned it on, lowest temperature... Sprayed the inside with water, wiped it down, and the smell was gone. It did stay open for a bit while I ate... but that is it.